If you are keen for some outdoor adventure and love the bush, then canyoning is for you.
Canyoning is a traverse through a river canyon, basic canyoning can be “walk-in, walk-out“ with more advanced canyons involving swimming, abseiling or climbing.
Who Can Do It?
Venturers, Rovers and Leaders
Canyoning Adventure Weekends
The Canyoning Team head off several times a year on a weekend away in the Blue Mountains canyoning. All you have to do is book in and come along.
- If you wish to go vertical canyoning then you should have some abseiling experience (confirmed by your Venturer Leader or Crew Leader).
- Have attended a canyoning information evening.
When Can I do This?
Late spring to early autumn depending on conditions. Day trips, weekends.
Single Pitch Canyons – Activity must be under the control of a Canyon Guide or (where participants have a general Canyon Level 1 qualification) a Canyon Level 2.
Multi-Pitch Canyons – Activity must be under the control of a Canyon Guide.
The Canyoning Team is also more than happy to provide your Group with a Canyon Guide or two to attend your own Canyoning expedition if you do not hold appropriate qualifications.
The Canyoning Team can train people to levels:
- Canyon Level 1 (allowing certificate holders to participate in other rock-based activities),
- Canyon Level 2
- Canyon Level 3
- Canyon Guide
Canyon Level 1
- Venturer age or older;
- Hold a current Level 1 Abseil Qualification;
- Ability to swim 50 metres fully clothed.
Canyon Level 2
- Hold a current Level 2 Abseil Qualification;
- Hold a current Basic Canyoner Qualification;
- Hold a current HLTAID 001, 002 & 003.
- November 10 @ 12:00 AM
- November 20 @ 12:00 AM – November 21 @ 12:00 AM
- December 4 @ 12:00 AM – December 5 @ 12:00 AM
E1 Forms for Workshops
or contact Region Office at email@example.com
Please note bookings close two weeks prior to workshop event.
Canyoning weekend adventure fee $50 per participant. An equipment hire fee will apply to other canyoning activities where Region equipment is used.
HOW TO BOOK:
1. Pick the workshop you wish to attend.
2. Download the relevant E1 form.
3. Complete the E1 form and attach a cheque for $50 made out to “Scouts Australia” or Direct Deposit Payment (See Below)
4. Email E1 form to (click on link) – Sydney North Region Office
5. Direct Deposit Payment to –
* Account Name – SSA, NSW Branch, Sydney North Region
* BSB – 032-000 Account Number – 186745
* Reference – SURNAME + COURSE NUMBER (see above)
6. Closing dates for each workshop are beside the details above.
Who Can Help Me?
Craig Stanfield Ph 0413 006 281 Email Craig