Sydney North Region offers Certified First Aid Training to youth and leaders. All St John Ambulance volunteer trainers teaching these courses are also Leaders with either the Scout or Guide Associations. The Scout First Aid Team has representatives from Sydney North, South Metropolitan, and Greater Western Sydney Regions.
The Sydney North Region First Aid Team conducts first aid courses at Barra Brui Scout Activities Centre (off Hunter Street) in St Ives and also at Kingsgrove Scout Hall.
Note, Venturers or older Scouts who plan to go to Dragon Skin 2022 are reminded that each team MUST include at least one person with a current first aid certificate. There are only limited spaces in courses in Term 1, so it is always a good idea to enrol ASAP.
- Emergency First Aid – 1 day course, Saturday March 5 @ Kingsgrove Scout Hall – suitable for younger Scouts
- Provide First Aid – 2 day course, Sat-Sun March 5-6 @ Kingsgrove Scout Hall – suitable for older Scouts
- Course numbers are currently limited to 12 participants due to COVID.
- If any courses cannot run due to public health orders and St John Ambulance restrictions, they will be re-scheduled where possible.
To book on to St John Ambulance first aid courses, the telephone number is 1300 360 455 and quote the course code and date to the Customer Service people to reserve a place. To be booked on a course payment is required before one can attend the course.
Costs are as follows:
- Emergency First Aid or Basic Emergency Life Support $63
- Provide First Aid $93
- Prices for other courses on enquiry – Remote First Aid, Advanced First Aid, Advanced Resuscitation, Provide Pain Management
The First Aid Team members also act as first aiders at many Region and State events, and always welcome new team members, whether to become a trainer or to assist as first aiders at events.
For more information on the courses and the Scout First Aid Team:
- call John Crowley on 0409 393 2215
Remember to support the team that supports your Scout events.