If you are keen for some outdoor adventure and love the bush, then caving is for you.
Caving is crawling, abseiling and climbing through underground passages to view the wonderful underground formations. Some caves may have watercourses running through them.
Who Can Do It?
Venturers , Rovers and Leaders
Caving Adventure Weekends
The Caving Team head off several times a year on a weekend away caving at Wee Jasper, Bungonia and other places. All you have to do is book in and come along.
1. If you wish to go vertical caving then you should have abseiling experience or have completed the Basic Rockcraft event (see abseiling page).
2. Have attended a caving information evening.
When Can I do This?
Any time of year is good for a caving adventure.
Horizontal Caving – activity must be under the control of a Cave Guide.
Vertical Caving – Activity must be under the control of a Cave Guide.
The Caving Team is also more than happy to provide your Group with a Cave Guide or two to attend your own Caving expedition if you do not hold appropriate qualifications.
The Cave Team can train people to levels:
Cave Safe Participant
Cave Trained Particiant
Cave Assistant Guide
Cave Safe Participant
Venturer age or older;
Abseil experience or hold a current Safe Participant Abseil qualification;
Cave Trained Participant & Assistant Guide
Hold a current Trained Participant or Assistant Guide Abseil qualification;
Hold a current Caver Safe Participant qualification;
Hold a current HLTAID 001, 002 & 003.
Workshops Additional Information:
Please note bookings close when maximum number is reached or approximately one weeks prior to workshop event.
Caving weekend adventure fee $80 per participant which includes camping fees.
HOW TO BOOK:
1. Pick the workshop you wish to attend.
2. Click on the “Book Now” button to reserve your spot online.
3. Register and complete your application. (Note registration needs to only be done once and can be used again to register for future events),
4. Make your payment online to complete your registration.
5. Closing dates for each workshop are beside the details above.
6. If unsure about any details or if you are eligible to attend the Workshop or Activity then contact the Activity Co-ordinator.
Who Can Help Me?
Ben Power Tel: 0410 677 764 Email Ben