If you are keen for some outdoor adventure and love the bush, then caving is for you.
Caving is crawling, abseiling and climbing through underground passages to view the wonderful underground formations. Some caves may have watercourses running through them.
Who Can Do It?
Venturers , Rovers and Leaders
Caving Adventure Weekends
The Caving Team head off several times a year on a weekend away caving at Wee Jasper, Bungonia and other places. All you have to do is book in and come along.
1. If you wish to go vertical caving then you should complete the Basic Rockcraft event (see abseiling page).
2. Have attended a caving information evening.
When Can I do This?
Any time of year is good for a caving adventure.
Horizontal Caving – activity must be under the control of a Cave Guide.
Vertical Caving – Activity must be under the control of a Cave Guide.
The Caving Team is also more than happy to provide your Group with a Cave Guide or two to attend your own Caving expedition if you do not hold appropriate qualifications.
The Cave Team can train people to levels:
Cave Safe Participant
Cave Trained Particiant
Cave Assistant Guide
Cave Safe Participant
Venturer age or older;
Hold a current Safe Participant Abseil qualification;
Cave Trained Participant & Assistant Guide
Hold a current Trained Participant or Assistant Guide Abseil qualification;
Hold a current Caver Safe Participant qualification;
Hold a current HLTAID 001, 002 & 003.
- September 18 @ 8:00 AM – September 19 @ 4:30 PM
E1 Forms for Workshops:
Download from the relevant Event page above, or contact the Region Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note bookings close two weeks prior to workshop event.
Caving weekend adventure fee $80 per participant which covers camping fees. An equipment hire fee will apply to other caving activities where Region equipment is used.
HOW TO BOOK:
1. Pick the workshop you wish to attend.
2. Download the relevant E1 form.
3. Complete the E1 form and attach a cheque for $80 made out to “Scouts Australia” or make a direct deposit payment (see below)
4. Email E1 form to Sydney North Region Office
5. Direct deposit payments to:
* Account Name – SSA, NSW Branch, Sydney North Region
* BSB – 032-000 Account Number – 186745
* Reference – SURNAME + COURSE NUMBER (see above)
6. Closing dates for each workshop are beside the details above.
Who Can Help Me?
Ben Power Tel: 0410 677 764 Email Ben